With the support of family and community, our mission at Scott Lake Elementary is to cultivate joy and pride in learning so that students will become caring responsible citizens.
Opt-In to Receive Important Messages from our school. Click here to find out more information.
Parent Curriculum Guide
The following documents are required to enroll in a Polk County school:
- A certified birth certificate
- Immunization record (Immunization 680 Form)
- A physical dated within one year, if first time in a Florida school
- Two proofs of residenceUpon initial enrollment in a school, the student or parent must produce two current (dated within 90 days) documents reflecting the correct residential street address. Post office boxes, private mail box addresses or commercial establishment addresses are insufficient. Examples of acceptable documents reflecting name and residential street addresses are as follows:
- Current Apartment or home lease agreement (with the signature page of the lease where both tenant and landlord have signed), mortgage document, property tax record, rent receipt, home owners insurance
- Current utility bill (electric, gas, water), cable, home or cell phone bill
- Current Voter registration document, State of Florida identification card
- Current Proof of government benefits (disability, Medicare, food stamps, Department of Children and Families (DCF) correspondence)
- Current Florida driver’s license, automobile registration, automobile insurance
SLE Policies and Procedures
Bottoms: navy, black or khaki/tan
Shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric.
Tops: white, red, or navy
Shirts can be knit polo-type, dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, or school t-shirt. School shirts are available through the PTO, order forms available in the Office.
The Uniform Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc.
Additional Information for Girls and Boys
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- Shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- Shorts/ skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Shoes must be safe, appropriate, and have enclosed heels or a heel strap (flip-flops, slides and sandals without heel straps may not be worn)
Pre-K Enrollment Information
Magnet & Choice School Information
Good evening, my name is Carolyn Bridges and I am the Senior Director of Magnet, Choice and Federal Programs. This is a reminder notice from the Polk County School District that the opportunity to apply for a magnet or choice school in your area is now available. Applications are available online, at the Polk County School Board website, the address is www.polk-fl.net. Directly under the banner heading you will see one of three buttons entitled Polk Ed Options. Click on that link and it will take to a page that provides a link to the schools and the application.
If you choose to fill out an application, please write down and save your confirmation number. You must fill out one application for each child you wish to enroll. The application window will be open from November 18 through 5 PM on January 9th. These will be the only open enrollment dates for the 2015-2016 school year. Magnet schools are available in one of four zones based on your residential address. All students are enrolled via a random lottery process. You may apply for multiple schools in your zone.
All acceptance letters will be mailed out March 9th. Once you select a school, you are removed from all other wait lists for other magnet and choice schools for that year.
The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal
Parents can now access their student’s information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom – all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this exciting new service!
If you would like to view our financial reports please do the following:
Go to www.polk-fl.net
Proceed to “Schools”
Select desired school
Click on 2014-2015 School Financial Report to view
Common Core Parent Information Guides
Useful Program Links