Mark you calendars. Our Fall Book Fair is quickly approaching! We will be hosting an online book fair this fall through Follett from October 16 – October 23. The link to our Book Fair site is below:
If your child has been told to quarantine, your child may not return to school until after he/she has completed the quarantine period as specified by the Florida Department of Health. A student who has been told to quarantine but has since received a negative test must still complete the quarantine period before returning to school.
If your child has been tested for coronavirus, please do not send your child to school until you receive a negative test result. Please notify the school about the situation so that arrangements can be made for your child to participate in online learning.
If a member of your household has tested positive, please do not send your child to school and call the Florida Department of Health at 863-519-7911 for further direction.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Scott Lake Elementary
Welcome Back Scott Lake Eagles and Families,
Although the beginning of the 2020–2021 school year will be like no other, we will continue to focus on ensuring the following:
- every day, every child feels connected
- every day, every child is challenged by new learning experiences
- every day, every child matters and every moment counts
Spring 2020 challenged our staff, students, and parents to find a new normal for learning, connected us in innovative ways, and required our Eagles to stay in touch from afar. Through this process, I personally learned how much I appreciate the expertise and passion our teachers and staff bring to Scott Lake, the ways in which our students continue to strive for excellence while working hard, and an overall appreciation for the little things in life…high fives, a hug, a smile, and simply being able to see, talk, and laugh with our Scott Lake friends and family. What made me most appreciative was how we never stopped learning, nor did we ever stop caring for each other. Now that’s the Scott Lake way!!!
As we set sail into a new adventure, we will begin a new normal. Whether you will be joining us face-to-face on campus or virtually through eSchool, learning will not only continue, but thrive. Our teachers and staff are excited to move on to the new phase of learning and we are eager to welcome our returning and new students to Scott Lake with open arms…of course, while social distancing at least 6 feet away!
I hope you had a chance to watch our Welcome Back video via Facebook, SLE Website or the PCPS Website. If you so, you know we have been diligently working all summer to plan for a safe opening of school. Our classrooms have been modified to increase social distancing, signage has been installed throughout the building to guide students, and our schedule has been modified to allow for more time for mask breaks, hand washing, and opportunities to access outdoor learning spaces. With the assistance from Mrs. Shim, there will be a stronger emphasis placed on social emotional learning as we set sail into this new adventure together.
Partnering with families will be even more crucial this year as we face some obstacles due to the pandemic. We appreciate your support as you work with students at home to practice safety protocols such as wearing a mask, hand washing and social distancing. We encourage all families to stay connected and informed by following us on our website @ http://scottlake.polk-fl.net/, Facebook page @ ScottLakeElementarySchool, PCPS @ https://polkschoolsfl.com/ or PCPS Facebook page @ polkcountypublicschools, Schoology, Class Dojo and/or through your child’s daily agenda and Tuesday Communicator. It is also imperative that you update phone numbers via the office and/or your child’s teacher when a change is necessary. If you have questions or concerns that arise at any time, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher or myself @ 863-648-3520.
As always, I look forward to having an adventurous and rewarding relationship with you and your family this year.
Tangie Durham, Principal
Scott Lake Family,
Thank you for your patience as we determine the many aspects of school re-opening. Although the information below may not answer all of your questions, hopefully it will give you the information needed to make the choice that meets the needs of your families.
Scott Lake Elementary’s Re-Opening Overview
In an effort to aid your family in choosing academic options for the upcoming school year, information is provided below in regard to Scott Lake Elementary’s reopening, in accordance with Polk County Public Schools. Please continue to frequently check emails, school-based websites, social media platforms and school Dojo for school specific information as it is updated frequently.
A School Intent Registration Form was developed by PCPS to select the learning method for your student.
School Intent Registration Form Link: https://polkschoolsfl.com/reopening
- Please visit the link to complete…one intent form needs to be completed for EACH student; parents will need their student’s ID#; this can be found on Parent Portal, under the Child Info page, directly under the student’s name. ID# can be found on report cards as well.
- The deadline to complete the intent form is Monday, July 27th at 6pm
- Families who have not responded to the form by the deadline will move forward with plans for their student to participate in Campus Learning.
- Students who are not registered will not have transportation arrangements at the start of the 2020-21 school year.
- If you choose one form of learning and prior to school opening decide to change your mind, you will be able to switch your choice by calling Scott Lake with your intent. We ask that you try and commit to one form of learning for the grading period (9 weeks) to help the school with school/teacher assignments.
- Both learning options include State Testing.
Campus eSchool (E-Learning)
Campus eSchool (E-Learning) serves as a bridge between Scott Lake Elementary and a purely digital environment. Students will remain enrolled at Scott Lake, but learning will take place from the safety of your own home.
· Students enrolled in eSchool (E-Learning) are encouraged to stay enrolled in such through a nine week period.
Any issues with health may result in moving from Campus Learning to ESchool either on a district-wide or individual basis.
· PreK, Kindergarten and First Grade students are strongly encouraged, where feasible, to wear masks.
· Regular specials schedule (Art, Music, PE) will follow the CDC/PCPS guidelines.
Opt-In to Receive Important Messages from our school. Click here to find out more information.
Scott Lake Elementary has qualified as a Community Eligibility Provision site. The Community Eligibility Provision allows all students to receive breakfast and lunch at no charge. This means you will not need to complete free or reduced price meal applications.